Sunday, October 9, 2011

Remember October!








The kids had a great time this week even with the grandparents having to leave. We had to get back on routine and each of us had to find our place in this family again. We did have thursday off and no school which was a lot of fun for everyone. I took the kids up to an old historic bridge that looked really cool. We went with Mellissa Anderson and her 5 kids! We had such a hoot that when it was time to leave we couldn't get anyone to get in the vans. They had a ball playing in the river and catching crawl dads! I have to say that that Laynne is one tough cookie and isn't scared of anything.
The kids also had their first swimming meet this week. They all did so well! I was extremely proud of them! Luke, Gabrielle, Jesse and Laynee all had soccer games this weekend, and again.... I do love to watch them although I'm not sure I want to be a soccer mom forever.
This week was scary dropping Laynee off on campus with some guy with a gun right there. After I dropped Laynee off, the cops said not to let the kids off for Violin at the Squires building because the situation wasn't handled yet! Thank goodness for a Heavenly Father to protect my little girl. She was alright and no harm came to our family. She is doing well with her music. Gabrielle is so jealous and wants to do it too she says! We also had a lot of fun with our base ball game we started down at Nellies Cave park. The weather has been in the 80's and feels oh so good. Every day this last week was so wonderful with the warmth of the sunshine! The kids and I took advantage of the Huckleberry Trail and rode our bikes to the west end of it. Little Kamryn is doing so good on her bike.

No comments: